News and Events
Eating Disorder Recovery Group with Meal SupportTuesdays 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Healthier Tomorrows Eating Disorder Recovery Group with Meal Support meets weekly to experience a supported meal, which is provided, followed by a meal process and discussion group. Those in recovery will benefit from the support of a registered dietitian and their peers during the meal, and will have the opportunity to discuss their personal successes and challenges, along with other topics related to recovery, including meal planning and balance, mindfulness, and coping skills.
Contact us today to learn more or to join!
Grocery Store TourSunday February 24, 2013 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Please join us for a 90 minute grocery store tour, where you will learn how healthy eating can easily fit into your budget! You will learn how to shop efficiently and effectively, and how not to be fooled by creative marketing claims. We will discuss how to quickly assess foods based on their nutrition labels, and how to choose "clean" foods to help reduce your waste and your waist! A sample weekly meal plan and accompanying grocery list will be provided. There will also be plenty of opportunity to answer your specific food and grocery shopping questions. The cost of the tour is $35 (bring or refer a friend save $5 each!).
Contact us today to reserve your space!
Six Weeks of WellnessWednesday February 13 - Wednesday March 20 | 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Join us for our Six Weeks of Wellness program beginning Wednesday February 13 and continuing through March 20. This series of six 90 minute weekly meetings will provide you with answers to commonly-asked questions. Come to as many meetings are you'd like and that fit into your schedule (be sure to contact us in advance to reserve your space)! The topic schedule is as follows:
- Week 1 (February 13): Setting yourself up for success -- smart goal setting, stress assessment, and the impact stress has on the body
- Week 2 (February 20): Carbohydrates, protein and fats -- their role and importance in the body, balanced meals, meal timing
- Week 3 (February 27): Food labels -- what to look for and how to quickly assess foods to determine their nutrient value
- Week 4 (March 6): Food and mood -- the role that stress and mood can play on food cravings, digestion, and energy levels
- Week 5 (March 13): Physical activity -- the role and importance for reaching health and wellness goals, and examples of ways to sneak in extra activity throughout the day
- Week 6 (March 20): Dining out -- Skills to help you easily identify healthy menu options
Our workshop will provide you with a wealth of information to help you make 2013 your healthiest year yet!
Each 90 meeting is $35. Contact us today to sign-up!